Car Battery Replacements in Cypress, TX
Now Auto Care specializes in car battery replacements and can help you choose the correct battery for your car. We’ll also test your charging system to ensure it’s in good working order. If you’re in the Cypress, TX area, stop by Now Auto Care or give us a call at (832) 793-6889 for a quick and efficient battery replacement service.
A car battery is an essential part of a vehicle as it provides the electrical power necessary to start the engine and run its electrical accessories. Over time, car batteries will naturally lose their charge and eventually need to be replaced. Depending on the type of battery, most batteries will last between 3-5 years.
Signs Your Car Needs a New Battery
If you have a 3-year or more old battery, it’s a good idea to have it tested to see if it needs to be replaced. Some other signs that you may need a new battery include:
Your Car Won’t Start
This is the most common and obvious sign that your battery may be dead or dying.
You Have to Jump-Start your Car Frequently
If you find yourself needing a jump start more than once a month, it’s time for a new battery.
Your Car’s Electrical Accessories are Acting Up
If your lights are dimming or flickering, or your stereo is cutting in and out, it could be a sign of a weak battery.
Your Car Battery is Leaking
If you see any white, powdery buildup on your battery terminals, it’s a sign that your battery is leaking acid and needs to be replaced.
There’s Corrosion on The Battery Terminals
Corrosion on the car’s battery terminals can prevent your car from starting, so it’s important to clean it off and see if that solves the problem. If the corrosion is severe, you may need to replace the battery.
What to Keep in Mind when Replacing Your Car battery
When replacing your battery, it’s important to keep a few factors in mind, such as the type of battery, the size of the battery, and the ratings.
Type of Battery
There are two main types of batteries- lead-acid and lithium-ion. Lead-acid batteries are cheaper and more common, but they’re also heavier and have a shorter lifespan than lithium-ion batteries. Lithium-ion batteries are more expensive, but they’re lighter and have a longer lifespan.
Size of Battery
The size of the battery will determine how much electrical power it can provide and how long it will last.
The ratings will tell you how much electrical power the battery can provide and how long it will last. The higher the ratings, the better, especially if you drive your car in cold weather.
How to Properly Maintain Your Battery
To prolong the life of your battery and avoid having to replace it prematurely, there are a few things you can do:
- Keep your car clean. A dirty engine compartment can cause the battery terminals to corrode.
- Check the battery regularly. Inspect the battery for signs of corrosion and clean the terminals if necessary.
- Keep the battery charged. A fully-charged battery will last longer than one that is only partially charged.
- Avoid short trips. Starting and stopping the engine uses up a lot of power and can shorten the life of your battery.
- Turn off electrical accessories when not in use. Electrical accessories like lights and stereos can drain the power from your battery.
Benefits of Replacing Your Car Batteries at Now Auto Care
At Now Auto Care, we try to provide maximum convenience to our customers so you can have your car up and running in no time.
- We’ll test your charging systems to make sure it’s in good working order. This will help you avoid any problems down the road.
- We’ll help you choose the right battery for your car. We’ll take into account the type of car you have, the size of the battery, and your driving habits.
- We offer a variety of batteries to choose from. Whether you want a traditional lithium-ion battery or a more modern platinum battery, we can help you find the perfect one for your needs.
- We offer competitive prices on all of our batteries.
- We have a team of experienced and certified technicians who can install your new battery quickly and efficiently.
- We’ll take care of your old or dead battery so you don’t have to worry about battery recycling.
Give Your Car a Fresh Start with Now Auto Care
Whether you need a simple battery replacement service or a more complex electrical repair, our team at Now Auto Care in Cypress, TX is here to help. We offer a wide range of automotive services, including battery replacement, brake repairs, and more to help keep your car running like new. Give us a call today at (832) 793-6889 to schedule a service appointment.